Play your best at the beautiful Grupo Mayan Resorts golf courses! Golf club selection can be a tricky process. A common myth is, the higher the price of a club, the better your game will be. Not true! Paying high prices does not lower ones handicap, but a properly chosen club will. Consider the tips below, as suggested by www.learnaboutgolf.com, before buying your next set of golf clubs.
1. The shaft - the better the shaft, the better the club.
2. Shaft flex has a major effect on the feel of a golf club, thus it’s important when choosing clubs.
3. Shallow face metal woods are easy to hit and extremely accurate due to their low center of gravity.
4. Beginners and novice players should consider eliminating the 2, 3 and 4 irons from their set and replacing with #3 and #5 hybrid clubs.
5. All golfers should use standard length clubs unless he or she is short or tall.
6. If you are not ’standard’ length, take the guess-work out by taking a wrist to floor measurement.
7. Loft angle has a major effect on distance off the tee, so it’s important to choose the correct loft for your driving club.
8. Slicing the ball off the tee may be the biggest problem confronting golfers. The face angle of the club has a major effect on accuracy off the tee.
9. Distance - There are four basic reasons to how far a player can hit a golf ball.
- The composition of the golf ball.
- Less loft for faster speed swingers = more distance.
- The longer the club the more distance.
- The more club head speed a golfer can generate at impact, the more distance.
Play like a champ the next time you tee off at Grupo Mayan Resorts in Mexico!