The Grupo Mayan golf pros know that many obstacles can come between the golfer and a good golf game. Weather, the people you are playing with, the course you are playing on, and many other factors all contribute to a great golf game. Here are some tips from the Grupo Mayan pros on enjoying your golf game to the fullest.
- A great time can make or break your game. If you are a player affected by heat you will want to play during the cooler times of the day. If you like uncrowded courses you should check with the local pro to find out when the course has a lower occupancy. The Grupo Mayan pros say they enjoy playing early in the morning and some golf courses offer tee times starting at five in the morning.
- Another great golf tip from the Grupo Mayan pros is to look forward to the 19th hole. If you find yourself becoming bored or distracted during the game, think about how much fun you will have once you reach the clubhouse. Cocktails and comrades are also a good motivator. Just think of all the great golf stories you can share once your reach the club bar.
- If you are a golfer who becomes physically tired when playing this can also affect the way you feel about the game. Stay in shape, say the Grupo Mayan pros. The game of golf can be very strenuous, especially if you walk the course and do not rent a cart. You game will not be fun, say the Grupo Mayan pros, if you are only looking forward to pull and sore muscles after the game is over. By keeping in shape you will be playing at your peak. You will not only feel better before and after play but also afterwards.
- Golf is a game to be played outdoors. Enjoy it; say the Grupo Mayan golf pros. Golf courses offer some of the most beautiful green spaces in the world and it is a privilege to be able to play on them.
- Keep up your golf game, advice the Grupo Mayan pros. You will not look forward to playing a game with your friends or business partners if you are rusty and have not played for a while. Even if you can only play a few times a month it will be enough to keep your skill levels high. If you can´t fit in a full game try to go to a driving range once a week.
The staff at all of the Grupo Mayan resorts hopes that these tips will help you enjoy every golf game. You do not have to be a golf pro to have a great time playing. When you are at your Grupo Mayan resort be sure to schedule time with one of our pros and get some tips and tricks to improve your game.
The Grupo Mayan resorts encourage you to pre-book your tee times before your vacation. Guests may visit the Grupo Mayan web site to pre- book tee times that work with your vacation schedule.