The tourism industry in Acapulco, in special Grupo Mayan, has implemented a new way to interact with the community working in social and ecological tasks that provide tools to improve the environment creating conscience in guests, workers and all community around Grupo Mayan Acapulco.
According to its social policies, Grupo Mayan has agreed with guests, workers and interested several activities like support to schools, ecological activities, beach cleaning, environmental chats, and turtles releases.
Below a brief explanation of each activity:
- Support to schools: Grupo Mayan Acapulco has adopted the elementary school “Ignacio Zaragoza” and has contributed to the infrastructure of this school looking for an ecological culture in every children.
- Ecological activities like National Campaign Pro-Trees, campaign “For the World that we want” (“Por el mundo que queremos”) where the children of the community participated in a drawing contest where they made a proposal about improving our environment.
- Beach cleaning. Activity that is made every three months with collaboration of Executive Committee members, special guests and children from Hogar Marsh (Marsh Home).
- Environmental chats: Specialists and volunteers make visits to schools to create conscience in children about ecology.
- Turtles Releases: Thanks to Grupo Mayan´s Ecology Team since 1995 has been possible to protect 781,590 turtle nests.
- Grupo Mayan Acapulco toward a sustainable tourism generating a new form of tourism, taking care of our natural resources and contributing to the development of the neediest communities.